The S9 VPAP™ Adapt is an adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV) specifically designed to treat central sleep apnea (CSA) in all its forms, including mixed sleep apnea, complex sleep apnea and periodic breathing such as Cheyne–Stokes respiration (CSR). The device continuously monitors and adapts to the patient’s breathing pattern throughout the night to ensure they’re receiving the right pressure at the right time.
It also features optional integrated oximetry and a Sleep Quality Indicator, which allows patients to view their therapy progress on a daily basis. Together with ResMed’s Enhanced Easy‐Breathe technology and Climate Control humidification system, the VPAP Adapt delivers quiet comfort in the award‐winning S9™ platform.
The S9 VPAP Adapt integrates seamlessly with the H5i™ heated humidifier and delivers market‐leading performance to provide relief from nasal dryness and congestion. As part of the S9’s Climate Control humidification system, the H5i intelligently adapts to ambient conditions throughout the night (and from season to season), maintaining a constant, comfortable humidity and temperature level. Together with the S9’s exclusive ClimateLine™ heated tube, it protects patients from rainout, delivers optimal temperature and humidity right to the mask. Additionally, increased tube flexibility improves comfort and reduces tube drag.
Support when it's needed
The adaptive servo-ventilation algorithm:
- adapts to the patient’s ventilatory needs on a breath-by-breath basis
- automatically calculates a target ventilation (90% of the patient's recent average ventilation)
- adjusts the pressure support to achieve it.
Maximizing patient comfort and compliance
- ensures pressure support is synchronized to the patient's own recent breathing rate and flow pattern
- provides a constant, low level of pressure support.
- Enhanced Vsync technology compensates for leakage and stays in sync with your breathing.
- Easy-Breathe motor reduces sound to a whisper, so your (and your partner's) sleeping environment remains quiet and restful.
- The optional H5i Heated Humidifier with Climate Control maintains ideal humidification and temperature settings according to your real-time environment. This helps protect you from condensation (or "rainout") while minimizing side effects such as dry throat or mouth.
- Easy-Breathe technology follows your natural inhalation and exhalation patterns, resulting in a truly comfortable breathing experience.
- User-friendly controls, intuitive interface and bright color LCD guide you through the setup process, making it simple to navigate menus and customize settings.
- Operation Modes: CPAP, ASV, AutoASV
- Pressure Ranges:
- CPAP Mode Set Pressure 4 - 20 cm H2O
- ASV and ASVAuto Mode EPAP 4 - 15 cm H2O
- PS 0 - 20 cm H2O
- Pressure adjustment: 0.5 cm H2O
- Exhalation Relief: EPR
- Ramp time: 0 to 45 min.± 1 min. (5-min. increments)
- Ramp start pressure: 4 to Bilevel pressure
- Automatic Altitude adjustment
- Mask Off Alert
- Minimum sound level: < 24 dba at 1 meter
- Size: 3.25 H x 11.25 W x 6.0 D inches (8.3 x 28.6 x 15.2 cm)
- Weight: 3.35 lb (1,520 g)
- Power Supply: Input Range (auto-ranging): 100 - 240V, 50 - 60 Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 110 W without Humidifier
- Typical Power Consumption: 70 W without Humidifier
- Battery: ResMed Only RSM33942 DC Converter Cable must be used with any 12 Vdc power source. Note: the Humidifier will not heat when connected to a 12 VDC source
- Inverter: Minimum 150 Watts will allow for the Heated Humidifier to operate. The inverter will reduce battery capacity by 30% or more due to inherent inefficiency
- Operating Temperature: +41°F to +95°F (+5°C to +35°C) , 10% to 95% relative humidity (RH), non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 9,000 ft (2,743 m)
- Operating Humidity: Between 10% and 95% noncondensing
S9 VPAP Adapt Machine, H5i Heated Humidifier, ClimateLine Tube, AC Power Supply, Air Filters, Carrying Bag, and Patient Manual.