OptiLife is designed to be easier to use with features that make life easier for patients. The mask comes with advanced flexible mask tubing - at the critical point where the tubing meets the mask - to create an optimal seal in any sleep position. Optilife also has two cushion options - the traditional pillows cushion, which inserts into the nostrils, and the CradleCushion™, which sits under the nose.
Their updated OptiLife Mask Packs include more flexible tubing so that OptiLife stays secure even on active sleepers and cradle cushion options for a less invasive, more minimal contact interface.
Designed to fit a patient's life
OptiLife features a unique headgear design and a chin support band that allow it to be easily put on and adjusted with little effort and no buckles. In fact, OptiLife is so easy-to-use that the mask can be put into place with one hand. Plus, OptiLife is easy-to-clean and maintain, and it's durable enough to stand up to the real-world demands of daily use.
Is the OptiLife quiet?
The exhalation port located on the front of the interface makes the OptiLife exceptionally quiet. The port is specifically designed to disperse air for a quiet flow of exhalation. Our trial participants were very impressed by the low level of noise created by the diffusion port.
Will the OptiLife chin support band prevent mouth breathing and eliminate the need for a chin strap?
No, the chin support band supports the cushion seal and it is not designed to replace a chin strap. When using a chin strap for best results, put on the chin strap first and then put the OptiLife on over top of it.
- Easy-to-adjust headgear design has no buckles – and it keeps the forehead and vision area open.
- Four nasal pillow sizes (Petite, Small, Medium, Large) available.
- Four cradle cushion sizes (Small, Medium, Large and Large Narrow) available.
- Durable universal faceplate is easy to clean.
- Exhalation port gives quiet and diffused airflow.
- Two headgear slots give additional options to improve comfort and seal.
- Chin support band provides a secure fit and ensures mask stability.
- Like all masks in the MyLife Series, the OptiLife is 100% latex free.
Fitting Tips :
- The OptiLife pillows cushion should be inserted slightly into the nostrils so that it fills the nostrils comfortably without any gaps between the cushion and the nostril walls.
- For the headgear, the back strap should be positioned on the back of the head, the adjustable top strap should be positioned on the top of the head, and the side straps should be positioned above the ears.
- The chin support band should rest snugly against the chin. The black side of the headgear and chin support band should rest against the skin, with the blue side facing out.
- Connect mask tubing to airway pressure device tubing, and turn unit on. Begin at a low pressure setting.
- To adjust the interface. First, adjust the side straps to move the pillows cushion snugly and comfortably into the nostrils.
- Then, adjust the chin support band so that it rests snugly on the chin. Do not over tighten the straps.
- Finally, rotate the cushion on the hub for a comfortable fit. If the side straps are resting on the ears, tighten the top strap to move the side straps off the ears, then readjust the side straps, chin support band and cushion.
- Moving the headgear from one slot to the other will change the angle at which the headgear holds the interface, and, therefore, may change the feel and seal of the interface. Trial results showed that the majority of patients liked having the headgear attached to the back slots; some patients, however, preferred the comfort and seal of the interface when the headgear was attached to the front slots. We recommend trying both arrangements and selecting the one that gives the best results.