The BiPAP Auto is the first device to combine auto adjusting pressure delivery with the breath-by-breath pressure relief of Bi-Flex. This is the most natural sleep therapy you can find, and it comes complete with our Encore Pro SmartCard technology.
Bi-Flex "softens" airflow at inhalation and exhalation, making breathing more natural and comfortable for patients. In Bi-Flex mode, patient-adjustable pressure relief is provided at the critical stages:
A* EPAP to IPAP
B* IPAP to EPAP
C* During exhalation
Developed from the proven REMstar Auto, the BiPAP Auto features a proactive, multi-level algorithm that analyzes several parameters to monitor and respond to a patient's breathing. A key parameter is flow limitation (a common early indication of complete obstruction). The auto algorithm performs two types of tests (Pcritical and Poptimal ) that allow the pressure to be maintained at a level at which obstruction is not likely to occur but is not unnecessarily high, thus maximizing patient comfort.
Pcrit test - IPAP is slowly decreased while the flow signal is monitored for indications of flow limitation. This test ensures that effective therapy is maintained at the minimal pressure.
Popt test - IPAP is slowly increased while the flow signal is monitored for improvements in a patient's airway. This test ensures that maximum therapeutic levels are obtained.
This ongoing proactive search of Pcrit and Popt levels allows for maximum therapeutic effectiveness at minimum pressures without creating any uncomfortable spikes in pressure or patient arousals.
While the algorithm is performing its proactive tests, it is also monitoring the patient's breathing patterns for occurrences of obstructive events such as snore, hypopnea or apnea. If a snore or apnea is detected, the algorithm will quickly but smoothly raise EPAP to eliminate the event. If a hypopnea is detected, the algorithm will raise IPAP to eliminate the event.
Finally, the algorithm can also detect and respond to the presence of elevated leak by lowering IPAP levels to improve mask seal.
Auto-adjusting Bi-level pressure delivery.
Multi-level algorithm Uses two different sets of analytical parameters to keep track patient's breathing.
- Bi-Flex Softens the air at inhalation and exhalation to provide more comfortable therapy.
- Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity Tracks and reacts to a patient's natural breathing pattern. It can detect the point of inhalation and exhalation in every breath, allowing Bi-Flex to make each breath more comfortable.
- Compact size (2.2 lbs. and measures 5.0" W, 7.5" L, 3.1" H).
- Optional integrated heated humidifier for breathing comfort.
- Ultra-quiet operation.
- Automatic altitude and leak compensation.
- Encore Pro SmartCard and Data Management Software allow providers to track treatment progress.
- Enhanced Event Reporting Tracks factors like apnea / hypopnea index, leak and snore.
- Automatic patient reminders.
- Single cord for CPAP and heated humidifier.
- Automatic universal switching power supply.
- Ability to run on an external battery.
- Respiratory events detection.
- Warranty, 2 years.
- Pressure range: 4 to 25 cm H20 (± 1 cm H2O increments).
- Pressure adjustment: 0.5 cm H20.
- Ramp time: 0 to 45 min.± 1 min. (5-min. increments).
- Ramp start pressure: 4 cm H20 to EPAP; patient adjustable.
- Minimum sound level: < 26 dba at 1 meter.
- Optional Ultra-Fine Filter (disposable): Fabric HEPA paper, which is 97% effective for particles > 3 microns.
- Data storage capacity: Display: 7 and 30-day averages, SmartCard: 6-months at 3 usage sessions/day, 7-days in-depth analysis.
- Data storage content: SmartCard: Date/time, hours of usage patterns, AHI, leak, snore, FOSQ.
- Size: 3.1 H x 5.0 W x 7.5 L inches (7.9 x 12.7 x 19.0 cm).
- Weight: 2.2 lb (1000 g).
- Power Supply: Input Range (auto-ranging): 100 - 240V, 50 - 60 Hz.
- Battery: 12 Vdc.
- Operating Temperature: +41°F to +95°F (+5°C to +35°C) , 10% to 95% relative humidity (RH), non-condensing.
- Operating Humidity: Between 10% and 95% noncondensing.
BiPAP Auto Bilevel Machine, 6' - 22mm Hose, 2 Reusable Air Filters, Carrying Bag, and Patient Manual.
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.